RBHS Faculty AEM Program
Advancement through Engagement and Mentoring
The AEM longitudinal program is designed to build a community of practice, engage faculty, foster leadership skills, provide mentoring, and expand networking opportunities for faculty at RBHS. It also provides an affinity space for courageous dialogue. The overall aim of the program is to nurture diverse future leaders at RBHS and foster a sense of belonging and professional growth for the cohort. In Fall 2020, the pilot program was launched. Our program partners for the AEM program are the Rutgers Center for Organizational Leadership and the Rutgers Connection Network.
- Assist faculty to identify personal professional development goals, design a career path, and apply the tools provided to craft a plan on how to get there.
- Develop key professional competencies in academic and organizational leadership.
- Build skills in self-efficacy and communication.
- Expand your network of peer support, role models, coaches, mentors, and sponsors.
Learning Community Model
Advancement: Self-actualization with Individualized Faculty Development Plan and core workshops to build knowledge/skills for educators leading to career advancement and gratification Engagement: Advancing scholarship through “learn-by-doing” (research or teaching or health system improvement) Mentoring: Team of mentors (internal and external) including peer mentors, project mentors, etc.
2020-2021 AEM Particpants
Modupe Coker, Assistant Professor, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Wei Huang, Clinical Assistant Professor, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Emilia Iwu, Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
Yuane Jia, RBHS Instructor, School of Health Professions
Htay Htay Kyi, Assistant Professor, New Jersey Medical School
Nkechi Mbadugha, RBHS Lecturer, School of Health Professions
Novneet Sahu, Assistant Professor, New Jersey Medical School
Dione Sandiford, RBHS Lecturer, School of Nursing
Mafudia Suaray, Assistant Professor, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Gayathri Subramanian, Assistant Professor, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Yu-Lan Mary Ying, Clinical Associate Professor, New Jersey Medical School
Monthly Activities (2020-2021)
- November 17th | Zoom workshop with RCN- Welcome and orientation
- January 27th | Leveraging Individual and Collective Strengths, Setting SMART Goals for the AEM Program
- February 9th | Principles and Pragmatics of Leadership
- March 26th | Zoom Networking and Peer Support
- April 13th | Coaching for Self-Efficacy
- June 21st | Promotions, Evaluations, and Mapping Your Advancement
- August 10th | Leadership Branding: Crafting your Professional Identity
- August 24th | Individual Presentations and Closure
Please note: RBHS AEM program will have June-September 1:1 Coaching, Advising, Mentorship Meetings with an Executive coach, Provost, and VCDI