Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at RBHS
Programs and Initiatives
RBHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Symposium
- 2022 | Understanding and Effectively Addressing Racial Inequities in Health, Dr. David R. Williams Keynote Address
- 2021 | “You’ve Got to Use the Disruption…” Wrestling with Diversity. Imagining Change, Dr. Enobong (Anna) Branch Keynote Address
- 2021 | NIH’s Scientific Approach to Inclusive Excellence, Dr. Marie A. Bernard Keynote Address
Equity Talks: Duality in the Workplace
RBHS-IDEA: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Advocacy Innovation Grants
The mission of the RBHS-IDEA innovation grants is to support action-oriented projects that promote an inclusive, diverse, and cohesive culture at RBHS and that show meaningful and measurable results. As we invest in broader institutional efforts to advance an inclusive culture at RBHS, the IDEA grants offer a way for innovative grassroots efforts to join in our larger strategy. We invite projects that encourage conversations and connections across our differences to create opportunities for belonging and to strengthen a sense of community.
The goals of the RBHS-IDEA innovation grant program are:
- To fund research and scholarly activities that seek innovative approaches to diversity, equity, advocacy, and inclusion
- To promote the development of initiatives and programs that foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for the success of the larger RBHS community.
Learn more about the RBHS-IDEA grant program.
SEA Change Biomedicine
School Diversity and Inclusion Pages
Awards and Honors
- Humberto Jimenez, Clinical Assistant Professor – 2019 Leaders in Faculty Diversity Award
- Mamta Karani, Adjunct Faculty – 2017 Faculty Leaders in Diversity Award
New Jersey Medical School
- Michelle DallaPiazza, Associate Professor, 2021 Chancellor Award for Excellence in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Maria Soto-Green, Executive Vice Dean – 2019 Herbert W. Nickens Award
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Charletta Ayers, Associate Professor, 2021 Chancellor Award for Excellence in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Patricia Whitley Williams, Professor, 2020 Chancellor Excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
- Jerome Langer, Associate Professor – 2019 Leaders in Faculty Diversity Award
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
School of Health Professions
- Fatmata Kabia, Co-Chair of Admissions/Program Development Analyst, 2021 Chancellor Award for Excellence in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
School of Public Health
- Adana Llanos, Assistant Professor – named 2021 Emerging Scholar by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
School of Nursing
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
As an institutional member, all faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students at RBHS have access to the following member resources at no additional cost:
- Weekly Monday motivator
- Monthly core curriculum webinars
- Monthly guest expert webinars
- Access to multi-week courses
- A private discussion forum for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Moderated writing challenges
Access to the member library that includes past webinar materials, referrals and readings
In addition to the resources available to you as an institutional member, the center also offers professional development training and intensive mentoring programs. We hope to offer on-campus workshops with NCFDD in the near future.
To claim your institutional membership, you will need to activate your personal membership account. We encourage you to take advantage of the resources available to you through the NCFDD.
If you have any technical questions, feel free to email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.
Report on Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives Measuring Progress
This report addresses: 1) the current RBHS diversity initiatives, 2) the strategic planning for an RBHS diversity, equity, and inclusion action plan and, 3) the process to quantify and assess the diversity of our workforce, measure the impact of our diversity initiatives, and monitor our progress.