“Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.“
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
There are no words to describe the recent acts of horrific and racially-motivated violence in our country. A culmination of many stressors, including ongoing racism and health disparities, leading to the disproportionate loss of lives of people of color across America, has left our community traumatized and seeking answers. At RBHS, we affirm our support for Black lives, acknowledge the impact of racism and connect with a shared commitment to seek ways to address it.
To help us heal, to help us learn, and to help us process and take action together, we have put together this page for the RBHS community. To find ways to strengthen our diverse culture we affirm our core values and share heartfelt statements from campus leadership. We share resources to support our community as we continue to strive to find ways to build a culture of alllyship and respect for all. We realize there are no easy answers here, but hope this can serve as a starting point — as we all work together towards possible solutions and genuine change for a better path forward.
This webpage will be updated as new resources and information becomes available
If you know of a valuable resource, please let us know at email@example.com
Ally Statements from RBHS Leadership
Together We Grow – Action Steps
Three Action Steps We Can All Take Now to Become Anti-Racist
- Work independently through the Anti-Racist Resource List.
- Join a virtual cafe group to discuss and go deeper.
- Commit to becoming an ally and speak up to build a culture of respect.
We will be sharing upcoming opportunities for workshops on mitigating implicit bias and promoting allyship (active bystander or upstander training)
Toolkits and Resources
- Racial Equity Tools
- AAMC MedEd Portal | Anti-Racism in Medicine Collection
- AAMC MedEd Portal | Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity Collection
- Implicit Bias Resources: Implicit bias video series, module series and See Bias | Block Bias Tools.
- Free online course on unconscious bias
- Racism and Black Mental Health CME – APA Learning Center
- Brown Alumni Magazine Article “Race in Medicine”
- Tips to be an active upstander
- Transforming bystanders into upstanders: 5-minute video
- Mistreatment videos for educators to use as prompts
- Tools for leaders to address climate
- The El Paso Diversity and Resiliency Institute free Anti-Racism Training
- Anti-Racism in Academia: A Learning Journey (ARiA)